Recently I’ve heard a few teenagers talk about how young people (thirteen and fourteen year olds mostly) can’t be in a relationship.
IT’S NOT YOUR LIFE. SHUT UP.
I haven’t had a boyfriend and I don’t want one. Right now I would rather have a really nice electric guitar or unlimited concert tickets and money for t-shirts because I like music more than people. I also don’t think I completely know who I am because I’m still pretty young, and I, at least, want to know who I am before I have a boyfriend.
But just because I don’t want a boyfriend doesn’t mean I’m going to freak out if someone younger than me has a boyfriend.
I don’t care if you’re thirteen or fourteen and you have a boyfriend or girlfriend. If that makes you happy then I’m happy that you’re happy. That’s not what makes me happy, but whatever, it’s your life. If everyone in the relationship is happy and everyone is nice to each other, people should just shut up. If dating makes someone happy, people shouldn’t yell at them or say that they’re too young to actually feel that way. It makes them happy, and we need more happiness in the world.
Even though it may look like I’m the weird punk girl who probably hates love, I think love is nice, and if dating makes you happy, go for it. It’s not my place to say what you can and can’t do. If you try to rant to me about how love is stupid and how teenagers are too young to feel real emotions, I’ll probably throw a book at your face because that’s one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. Also, if you’re a teenager and you’ve been saying stuff like this, YOU ARE A FREAKING TEENAGER, DON’T YOU FREAKING DARE SAY THAT TEENAGERS’ EMOTIONS AREN’T REAL. IF SOMEONE SAID THAT YOUR EMOTIONS WEREN’T REAL YOU WOULD BE UPSET.
I would be less upset about this if I didn’t mostly hear teenagers saying this crap. Why do they do this?
I’m freaking sick of people trying to control other people’s lives just because other people are living their lives in a way some people disagree with.
Everyone just needs to calm down and leave everyone else alone. Especially if the person isn’t someone you know well and you’re just freaking out about how they’re living. IT’S NOT YOUR LIFE!
No comments:
Post a Comment